Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hinton Races. Zest Tour days 1 and 2.

Okay, so I am a bit behind, and I have lots to catch up on, so let's get started! A super fun weekend out in Hinton racing on some awesome trails, taking a dip in an awesome lake, and sleeping in a tent. I was super pumped to ride the trails, I am considering these races to be the first stops on the road trip known as the Zest Tour.

Both the cross country and the marathon the day after played out very similarly

Course: Awesome. Fast and long descents, long climbs. The long climbs suited me well. There was a fun descent in the marathon race: the most perfect berms that I have ever ridden in my life, and some gnarly rock sections. Kudos to the builders (who also happened to be the organizers!)

Technique: There were some timed downhill sections in the marathon race, but there was some climbing in the timed sections, so my losses did not look as severe. While I was within the top 10 fastest racers in both races, I was mid pack on the timed downhills. Obviously room for improvement.

Engine: The engine did not let me down. I ended up doing a lot of riding with my teammates, but was able to outlast them by the finish line by crushing the climbs.

TSN turning point: No real turning point, except maybe catching and dropping riders who had blown up in both races. I had to battle back after the descents, and I had to made sure I put enough time into my rivals on the climbs.

Anyways, a super fun race, awesome course, awesome organizers, shame there wasn't more people there...

Both races. I have to figure out how to separate the workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment