Sunday, May 2, 2010

Velocity SR May 1-2, Canada, Road-UPT (ProTour)

...okay, well ProTour is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is always comical to see how seriously people take time trials (in terms of equipment), when there are only like 8 TT/yr, and the equipment is pretty much for racing only! If I organized a stage race, it would have a Merckx TT, where you would have to do it on mass start legal equipment. That way, the BEST time trialist would win, someone who has the power and knows how to suffer and pace themselves, not the person with the Swiss bank account and wind tunnel time.

Seriously, I am just complaining about how much I suck at TT's, as the aero equipment probably does not make THAT much of a difference... (seconds, when I may be losing minutes). Ya, ya, I suck at TT's, just like I did last year and the year before, and it something I should probably improve as it will help me in other events.

Other than that, some pretty average racing on my part. I felt strong at the end of the road race, I just was not confident enough in my sprinting abilities. I love the races where the pack is slowly whittled down and only the best riders are left. Gutter riding or hills, no one can hide from the suffering!

No comments:

Post a Comment